Go Back   RCFiles Forums > Clubs & Organizations > Texas, Austin (N-Control RC)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
pgaert
Fun, Community, Racing

N-Control: Schedule for week ending 7/21 -- Saturday Night EOS

July 20, Saturday: Night racing on the Asphalt Jungle for EOS round 2! Entry fees $30 first and $15 each additional per driver. Track will be prepped and open in the morning... if folks want to run Friday night let me know, I can prep Friday instead and turn lights on for a while. Sign-ups around 4pm. Racing 5:30pm. I expect to be done around 11:30. Handout classes require a motor rental of $10 for the event, including your practice time.

The weather looks great this weekend. Clear, warm, decent breeze.

Plenty of tables, cover, power, chairs, and an air compressor (actually, it's down!).... just bring your pretty self and your toy car stuff. Grill available, and will be fired up for eating before racing, around 4:30pm. Kate is out of town for several weeks, and I will need a volunteer grill master to cook about 6:15.

- All transponders work
- Loaner transponders available
- Snacks and drinks available on race days
- Due to dust and surface wear, oval track is not available for practice. Please do not use when dry.

N-Control is located at 1561 Dale Lane, in Dale Texas

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once.-- David Hume
pgaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
madnitro
Sportsman

I had a blast yesterday, racing in my first event after missing 12 years. The track layout is fun, lot of friendly and helpful fellas. Slow is fast, finished all my qualifiers except the first, forgot to tighten up the screws to the motor.. I finished all triple mains, so slow is fast!!
Old 07-23-2019, 07:23 AM   #3
pgaert
Fun, Community, Racing

Really a pleasure to meet you, David! Hope to see you back this way soon!

Old 07-23-2019, 07:30 AM   #4
pgaert
Fun, Community, Racing

It was a really fun race day -- had a blast racing with Wayne all night -- despite the extremely low turnout. I hope folks will continue to support the EOS series... please look at the dates to come and plan ahead! Results here:

https://tinyurl.com/y2ldk8j6