Go Back   RCFiles Forums > Clubs & Organizations > Texas, Dallas (RCRCNT)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
michael carmody
Sponsored

Club racing at the rendon track

Club racing at the rendon track

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone interested in having club racing at the rendon track at least once a month in addition to the times that the southwest series is at the track.? This is just an idea in the early stages"" It would start in late feb or march and go untill oct or Nov,once a month for all months,alternating on a saturday and sunday racing day. Racing would be approx $10 bucks a class, Classes would be determined at the track the day of racing,however a 1/8 open and a t/c class would always be on the program. All rules and whatever else you want to call it would be voted on by the racers at the track that day. This really is just about having FUN driving are on-road cars. If you show up to race,you will have a say at what will make it Funnier for you and all your co-racers. This club racing does not have any relation to the southwest series or anyone associated with it. Im the first volunter to see if there is a desire for this to happen.It would take probably about 3 or 4 people to volunter regularly to have this idea of racing happen in north texas. There is a MILLION questions and thoughts and suggestions,ideas,can we do this and what about that. I know of,but i was just wanting to know if anybody else would want to see this happen and have FUN driving our on-road cars.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
RomeoRacer
LovePeaceAndSoul

Sign me up!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
michael carmody
Sponsored

Some pics of the facility

drivers stand and r/d Booth
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	13127  
Old 01-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
michael carmody
Sponsored

Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Pit-racer
Drive-it like u stole it!

Do you spray the track with VHT? or some other additive?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
michael carmody
Sponsored

Sugar , water , corn syrup all mixed to a special blend !
Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
michael carmody
Sponsored

On days of club racing track would be sprayed by 9.30am weather permitting .
Old 01-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
looped
LDP

Send a message via Yahoo to looped
Dollar store orange soda works good too, just poke a small pinhole in the lid and shake to spray

Looped Designs Paintwerks

http://ldpaint.webs.com/

Email: Looped.designs@gmail.com
looped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
DuVulcha
Sportsman

Will there be a schedule posted showing when you all would be hosting these races. I have been looking to get back into racing for a while and I finally got my car so ready to jump back in.
DuVulcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
michael carmody
Sponsored

pics of track

Covered pit area, Drivers stand.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rendon 001.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	13153   Click image for larger version

Name:	rendon 002.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	13154  
Old 01-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
michael carmody
Sponsored

pics of track

first pic is starting on the left of the track from drivers stand
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rendon 003.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	13155   Click image for larger version

Name:	rendon 004.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	13156   Click image for larger version

Name:	rendon 005.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	13157   Click image for larger version

Name:	rendon 006.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	13158  
Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
michael carmody
Sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVulcha View Post
Will there be a schedule posted showing when you all would be hosting these races. I have been looking to get back into racing for a while and I finally got my car so ready to jump back in.
The first date for Club racing would be Feb 26,2011. The second date is march 12,2011. the next one would be April 2,2011. more dates to follow. On Feb 26 the first club racing date the future dates would be talked about by the racers to see what everyones ideas and thoughts would be on more or less club racing dates. On race days there would be water to clean bodies and air compresser to blow your cars off . This idea of club racing is still in the early stages of planning.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #13
michael carmody
Sponsored

Info about club racing

I found out some news and wanted to pass it along. On a calender of dates that i hope others would agree with but will always take a vote and/or ask for advice and concerns. there would be 9 racing dates before june 5.2011. I say this because racers would have to be a Roar member to drive on the track. Membership is $25 a calender year. If you broke it down to how many times you raced by June 5 it would come out to an addional $2.77 on race day.{$25 for roar membership divided by 9 times at least that you would race,but this time only listed to june 5, 2011= $2.77, 25 club races a year would be a $1.00 extra} Roar Membership would need to be paid in full before you raced for the first time. The reason for Roar membership is for the coverage of insurance and liability. More info can be found at www.roarracing.com . It would be nice if club racing could happen about 25 to 30 times before the end of september or so. All classes welcomed.

Last edited by michael carmody; 01-27-2011 at 08:36 PM.
michael carmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
michael carmody
Sponsored

Info

THE Covered pit spots behind the drivers stand area will be Free, first come, first serve space. You just need to bring your own table and chair. Electricity is at all the poles under the covered area,just please no air compressors or generators on those plugs. thanks . Anyone got any Questions or concerns so far ?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #15
DuVulcha
Sportsman

I'll be there on the 26. Mainly because someone has to make the rest of you real drivers look good lol
DuVulcha is offline   Reply With Quote